Councillor Tony Miklinski
Tony Miklinski is the Scottish Conservative & Unionist councillor for Cupar.
Born and educated in Dundee, and following a short teaching career (while also playing in goal for Forfar Athletic), Tony joined the Royal Navy. His Naval career included passing the Royal Marines Commando Course, fighting with 42 Commando RM in the Falklands War and finishing as the Defence Director of Training and Education in the MOD. He was awarded the CBE in 2006.
More recently, he was Chair of Highland Headway and Highland Autism Improvement Group. For the last 2 years he has lived near Ceres with his wife and son, who is on the autistic spectrum.
TONY BELIEVES IN:
- The Union and will fight against a second referendum. The SNP have had their chance and now need to get on with the job of governing Scotland.
- Listening to people. Councillors should serve their community.
- Making sure that everyone’s voice is heard, including those who are least able to speak for themselves.
TONY PROMISES THAT HE WILL:
- Oppose any and all efforts by the SNP to drag Scotland through another divisive and unjustifiable referendum.
- Ensure that all development, whether in North Cupar, Springfield, Dairsie, Ceres or elsewhere in the ward, is planned and funded to deliver the necessary supporting infrastructure and services needed to improve the Cupar ward quality of life.
- Listen to residents and act to address their concerns.
- Be a strong voice for Cupar.